Effective Date: 15th July 2015
1.1 This website is owned and operated by Taylz Limited. Our company information is at the end of this document.
1.2 Please read these terms and conditions carefully. They cancel and replace any previous versions. By registering on or using our Service (as defined below) you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please print or save these terms for future use as we will not keep a file copy specifically for the transaction with you and we cannot guarantee that they will remain accessible on our website in future. These terms and conditions are available in the English language only.
1.3 These terms and conditions apply to all Users.
2.1 Capitalised terms have the following meanings in these terms and conditions:
- “Consumer” – an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside that person’s trade, business, craft or profession.
- “Content” – all information of whatever kind (including stories, reviews, messages, posts, comments, chat, images, photos, audio, video) published, stored or sent on or in connection with our Service.
- “Service” – our website, the services we offer by means of our website and any related software and services.
- “User” – a person who uses our Service.
3. Changes to the terms and conditions
3.1 We may change these terms and conditions by posting the revised version on our website at least 14 days before they become effective. Please check our website from time to time. You will be bound by the revised agreement if you continue to use our Service following the effective date shown.
4. Your order
4.1 Your registration on our site is an offer to contract with us. We will send you a confirmation email after your order. This is our acceptance of your offer and the point at which a legally binding contract is formed.
5. Use of our Service
5.1 We grant Users a limited personal, non-transferable right to use our Service subject to these terms and conditions.
5.2 You are not eligible for, and must not use or register on, our Service if:
- you are below 16 years of age; or
- display of or access to any aspect of this Service is illegal under the laws (if applicable) of the country from which you are accessing the Service (e.g. because the country does not permit such a Service or display of or access to such material at all or because you are under the relevant age limit in that country).
5.3 You agree that you will not in connection with the Service:
- breach any applicable law, regulation or code of conduct;
- publish or send any Content (including links or references to other content), or otherwise behave in a manner, which:
- is unlawful, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, promoting of self-harm or relating to sexual acts involving children;
- infringes any intellectual property or other rights of others;
- involves phishing or scamming or similar; or
- we otherwise reasonably consider to be inappropriate;
- publish or send any Content which involves revealing any personal data of another person (i.e. information enabling someone to be identified or contacted) unless that person is 18 years or over and you have obtained that person’s explicit written consent or you are the parent/guardian of such person;
- impersonate any person or entity for the purpose of misleading others;
- publish or send any Content which links to any third party websites which are unlawful or contain inappropriate Content;
- sell access to the Service;
- use the Service to provide a similar service to third parties or otherwise with a view to competing with us;
- sell advertising, sponsorship or promotions on or in connection with Content except where explicitly authorized by us;
- use the Service for any commercial or non-private purposes without our prior written consent;
- use the Service for junk mail, spam, pyramid or similar or fraudulent schemes;
- do anything which may have the effect of disrupting the Service including worms, viruses, software bombs or mass mailings;
- do anything which may negatively affect other Users’ enjoyment of the Service;
- gain unauthorised access to any part of the Service or equipment used to provide the Service;
- use any automated means to interact with our systems excluding public search engines; or
- attempt, encourage or assist any of the above.
5.4 You must not do anything which damages, or might damage, our reputation.
5.5 You must comply with all guidelines or requirements on our website.
5.6 You must promptly comply with any reasonable request or instruction by us in connection with the Service.
5.7 We are entitled to impose and/or change limitations on usage of our Service, for example in relation to bandwidth.
5.8 You must ensure that the information you supply us on the profile page of the website is accurate.
6. Your Content
6.1 You are responsible for your Content.
6.2 You promise to us that you have all rights and permissions needed to enable use of your Content as contemplated by the Service and these terms and conditions, and that you will delete your Content from our Service if you transfer those rights.
6.3 We reserve the right without notice to suspend, remove or delete Content or to disclose to the relevant authorities any Content or behaviour if it is the subject of complaint or where we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority. If so, you must not attempt to re-publish or re-send the relevant Content.
6.4 We do not accept responsibility if your Content is misused by other Users as this is outside our reasonable control.
6.5 It is your responsibility to make your own backup of any Content stored within the Service to protect you in case of loss or damage to such material. We are not responsible for such loss or damage.
6.6 We reserve the right to place advertisements adjacent to or within your Content. We retain all revenue from such advertisements.
6.7 We reserve the right without notice to irretrievably delete your Content following cancellation of this agreement or if your account has been inactive for six months.
7. Content of other Users
7.1 You accept that we have no obligation to vet or monitor Users. We accept no legal responsibility in connection with any dealings between Users. You should be aware that a person may not be who he or she claims to be.
7.2 You acknowledge that in using the Service you may be exposed to offensive or other inappropriate Content or behaviour. If so, you must notify us immediately by following the onsite “contact” link. We are under no obligation to enter into dialogue on the receipt of a complaint, nor are we obliged to act on every complaint received or to advise you of any action we do decide to take. All complaints must clearly explain the reason for complaint. If appropriate, you should seek relevant external help, for example from law enforcement authorities and/or stop using the Service.
7.3 If you permit a person under 16 to use your device to access Content on our Service, you are solely responsible for assessing whether that Content is appropriate for that person.
7.4 In your own interests, you should not attempt to contact any other User other than through the Service.
8. Third party services / advertising / websites
8.1 We may use third party-provided services or display third party advertising within our Service and/or link to third party websites which may be of interest to you. We do not recommend or endorse, nor are we legally responsible for, those sites or services. You use them at your own risk.
9. Guidance by us
9.1 Any guidance or similar information which we ourselves make available on our Service is intended as very general guidance information but we cannot guarantee that it is accurate or up to date and we do not accept legal responsibility for it. Before acting on such information, you must make your own appropriate and careful enquiries including as to its accuracy and suitability for your purposes. You rely on such information at your own risk.
10. Your account
10.1 Your account on our Service is for your personal use only and is non-transferable. You must not authorise or permit any other person to use your account. You must take reasonable care to protect and keep confidential your password and other account or identity information. You must notify us immediately of any apparent breach of security such as loss, theft, misuse or unauthorised disclosure or use of a password. You are responsible for third parties who use your account or identity (unless and to the extent that we are at fault).
11. Suspension / cancellation
11.1 You may at any time cancel this agreement by following the instructions on our Service.
11.2 We are entitled at any time to suspend or cancel this agreement for any reason whether or with or without notice.
11.3 Following cancellation of this agreement: Your right to use our Service is terminated. All of your Content will be deleted. Accrued rights and liabilities are unaffected. All clauses in this agreement which are stated or intended to continue after cancellation will continue to apply. You must not attempt to re-register for or continue to use our Service if we have given you notice of cancellation.
12. Functioning of our Service
12.1 We do not guarantee that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free and are not responsible for any losses arising from such interruptions or errors.
12.2 We are entitled, without notice and without liability, to make changes to the Service.
13.1 Nothing in this agreement in any way limits or excludes our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything which may not legally be excluded or limited. In this section, any reference to us includes our employees and agents.
13.2 You must give us a reasonable opportunity to remedy any matter for which we are potentially liable before you incur any costs remedying the matter yourself.
13.3 Very important: If you are a Consumer, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
- there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or by any of our employees or agents;
- such loss or damage was not foreseeable (meaning it was not an obvious consequence of our breach or not contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract);
- such loss or damage is caused by you, for example by not complying with this agreement; or
- such loss or damage relates to a business.
13.4 Very important: If you are a Consumer, you will be liable for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage we suffer arising from your breach of this agreement or misuse of our Service (subject of course to our obligation to mitigate any losses).
13.5 The following clauses apply only if you are not a Consumer:
- In no event (including our own negligence) will we be liable for any:
- economic losses (including, without limit, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings);
- loss of goodwill or reputation;
- special, indirect or consequential losses; or
- damage to or loss of data
(even if we have been advised of the possibility of such losses).
- You will indemnify us against all claims and liabilities directly or indirectly related to your use of the Service and/or breach of this agreement.
- To the extent allowed by law, you and we exclude all terms, whether imposed by statute or by law or otherwise, that are not expressly stated in this agreement.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us with respect to its subject matter and supercedes any previous communications or agreements between us. We both acknowledge that there have been no misrepresentations and that neither of us has relied on any pre-contractual statements. Liability for misrepresentation (excluding fraudulent misrepresentation) relating to the terms of this agreement is excluded.
14. Intellectual property rights
14.1 All trade marks, logos, Content, graphics, images, photographs, animation, videos, text and software used on the Service are our intellectual property or that of our Users. For the purposes of your personal use only, you may view such material on your screen and print a single copy. You may not otherwise use, sublicense, retrieve, display, modify, copy, print, sell, distribute, download, hire, reverse engineer (unless permitted by applicable law) or create extracts of, or derivative works from, such material without our specific prior written consent.
14.2 Just to be clear – you must not collect, scrape, harvest, frame or deep-link to any Content on our Service without our specific prior written consent.
14.3 You must not circumvent or otherwise interfere with any security related features of the Service or features that limit or prevent copying of Content or which restrict use of Content.
14.4 You remain the owner of copyright in any stories which you upload to our Service. You grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to store and display such Content on our Service, and also to distribute to third parties subject to your prior consent, until you delete the Content from our Service. You also grant each User a licence to access your Content in accordance with these terms and conditions.
15.1 You acknowledge and agree that we may process your personal data in accordance with the terms of our privacy and cookies policy which is subject to change from time to time.
16. Events outside our control
16.1 We are not liable for failure to perform or delay in performing any obligation under this agreement if the failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including third party telecommunication failures.
17.1 We may transfer all or part of our rights or duties under this agreement provided we take reasonable steps to ensure that your rights under this agreement are not prejudiced. As this agreement is personal to you, you may not transfer any of your rights or duties under it without our prior written consent.
18. English law
18.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of courts of the United Kingdom.
19.1 We may send all notices under this agreement by email to the email address associated with your account. Headings used in this agreement are for information and not binding. Any failure by either party to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this agreement does not mean this is a “waiver” (i.e. that it cannot be enforced later). If any part of this agreement is ineffective or unenforceable for any reason, then it will be replaced with a provision which as far as possible achieves the same thing and the rest of the agreement shall continue to apply. A person who is not a party to this agreement shall have no rights to enforce this agreement except insofar as expressly stated otherwise. The parties are independent contractors and, except as otherwise specifically stated above, nothing in this agreement constitutes any party as agent, employee or representative of the other.
20.1 If you have any complaints, please contact us via the contact details shown below.
21. Company information
21.1 Company name: Taylz Ltd
21.2 Country of incorporation: England and Wales.
21.3 Registered number: 09651885
21.4 Registered office address: Taylz Ltd, 20-22, Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU
21.5 Other contact information: See our website.
PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Effective Date: 15th July 2015
1. Who are we?
2. What’s the point of this policy?
2.1 This policy tells you how we deal with your “personal data” (a technical term for information about any identified or identifiable living person). Please read on to find out what kinds of personal data we collect, how we use and protect it, to whom we disclose it and how you can access and rectify it.
2.2 Please do not use our website unless you are completely happy with this policy. If you do use our website, we will assume that you do accept it.
3. Might the policy change?
3.1 It may well do and so you should check it whenever you visit our website. We will assume you agree to the revised policy if you use the website after the effective date shown at the top of the policy.
4. What personal or other data do we collect?
4.1 We collect and store the information which you give us via forms on our website – such as your name (or psedudonym), gender, nationality, year of birth, book genre and other preferences and profile information – or when communicating with us by email or in some other way.
4.2 We may receive and store certain information automatically when you interact with us. Examples include the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, information about your mobile or other device including device-type and device identifier, operating system and platform, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, clickstream data, details of your activity on our website with date / time stamps including the pages you visited and searches you made.
5.2 Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
5.3 Cookies are used on this website for the following purposes:
- Session cookies: We use session cookies to enable the website to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. These cookies allow you to proceed through many pages of the website quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit.
- Google Analytics (“GA”) cookies: Google sets persistent cookies (up to two years) to recognize and count the number of website visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration, route through the website and what sites the visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users find what they need easily. Click here for more information about GA cookies. Click here to opt out of GA cookies.
- WordPress cookies: WordPress places persistent cookies (up to one year) to verify details of your logged-in status, to customize your view of our interfaces and to avoid visitors who make repeat comments having to re-enter their details. Click here for more information.
- Third party advertising cookies: As do many other sites, we may use third party advertisers and/or internet advertising companies working for them to fill ad space on our website. These third parties may use persistent cookies and other similar technologies (known as action tags, single pixel gifs and web beacons) to assess information about your visits to this and other sites. This is so they can track the effectiveness of their campaigns (including whether these advertisements are clicked on or viewed by users and later purchases by such users), avoid showing you the same advertisement repeatedly and display advertisements on this and other sites tailored to your preferences. We do not have any access to or control over these third party technologies. If you would like more information about these practices and to know your choices about not having this information used by certain of these companies, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com and www.networkadvertising.org/choices. Please contact the third parties directly for more information about their privacy practices.
- Cookie-warning cookie: This cookie takes note of whether you are happy to accept cookies on this website based on your response to the message which appeared when you first visited the website. This persistent cookie will remember your preference for up to [insert] days.
5.4 By continuing to use our website, having seen our cookie notice, we assume that you consent to use of the cookies outlined above.
6. How do we use your personal data?
6.1 We use your personal data to provide our services, e.g. send service messages, process payments and/or fulfil orders.
6.2 We use your personal data to help us communicate with you effectively should you try to contact us via our website.
6.3 If you have given permission on our website, we may use your personal data to send you emails (or other communications such as mail, phone or SMS) with details of our goods or services which may be of interest to you including information about special offers or promotions.
6.5 We retain personal data from closed accounts in order to comply with legal obligations, enforce our terms and conditions, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations and take other actions as permitted by law.
6.6 We may access, remove, alter, store or otherwise use any personal data if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
7. How do we protect personal data?
7.1 Security is a high priority for us. We take appropriate precautions to protect personal data.
7.2 Email and other electronic communications are not secure if they have not been encrypted. Your communications will pass through a number of network nodes before they reach us. So we do not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access to or loss of personal data that stems from a cause beyond our control. Nor can we be held responsible for the actions or omissions of other users or third parties who may misuse your personal data which they collect from the website.
8. To whom do we disclose personal data?
8.1 We may allow access to your personal data by third parties who supply us with a service (but not for marketing purposes – see 8.2). Examples include e-website hosts, content delivery networks and businesses which assist us in undertaking communications or monitoring our website.
8.2 We do not provide your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
8.3 Very important: Any information which you include in the “personal” section of your profile (but not that from the “reviewer” section of your profile) will be visible to other users of our website and will be linked with any stories we distribute to the public on your behalf.
8.4 We may disclose personal data so far as reasonably necessary:
- if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if there has been a complaint about content posted by you, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority; or
- in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
8.5 We may store or transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes stated in this policy. If so, we will of course comply with the applicable laws relating to data transfer outside the EEA.
8.6 Except as otherwise specifically included in this policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to third parties, different rules will apply to their use or disclosure of your information. Please check their privacy policies carefully.
9. How can you access and rectify personal data?
9.1 You have the right to request personal data that we hold about you, subject to us reserving the right to withhold such data to the extent permitted by law. We may charge an administration fee in line with data protection laws and we may also require appropriate evidence of identity. Note that you may be able to rectify certain of your personal data within your account on our service (if applicable).
9.2 For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, see the website of the UK Information Commissioner.